Firefox Developer Tools
These are the tools provided by Firefox for developers to inspect web code.
We abide by our code of conduct, and expect all contributors to do the same.
News and demos
We publish news and updates to two blogs:
- Nightly for features newly added to Firefox Nightly. This is where we request feedback from early adopters.
- Hacks for when features reach more stable versions of Firefox.
You’re more than encouraged to talk, write articles, or make demos about the tools. Let us know 🙂
Getting in touch
- Bug reports or feature requests:
- List of open bugs. Might be interesting if you want to contribute.
- DevTools forum.
- Mailing list.
- Weekly status updates
- Join the Firefox DevTools Slack,
- or IRC:
- Twitter: @FirefoxDevTools.
Most changes will be done via either the “pick a bug and send a patch” or “send a PR” processes.
For substantial changes, we ask that a “request for comment” (RFC) document is provided first, so we can examine what the implications of a change will be. Here is how to follow the RFC process.
People and modules
The tools are broadly divided into panels. Each panel has one or more owners, who mostly work(s) on that panel and are the best people to ask if you have specific questions about the code.
- about:debugging: jdescottes, ochameau, ladybenko, daisuke
- Accessibility Inspector: yzen
- Animation Inspector: gl, pbro, daisuke
- Console: bgrins, nchevobbe
- Debugger: jlast, dwalsh, loganfsmyth
- DOM: honza
- Font Editor: rcaliman, gl, pbro
- Framework: Browser integration, toolbox and test infrastructure: bgrins, ochameau, honza
- Inspector: gl, pbro, jdescottes, rcaliman, mtigley, bwerth, mikeratcliffe
- JSON Viewer: honza
- Memory: gregtatum
- Network Monitor: honza
- Performance: gregtatum, julienw
- Remote protocol and server infrastructure: ochameau, yulia
- Responsive Design Mode: gl, bwerth, mtigley
- Scratchpad: jdescottes
- Style Editor: gl
- Storage Inspector: mikeratcliffe
- CSS & Themes: ladybenko
- UX: victoria
- WebIDE: ochameau, jdescottes