Welcome! Firefox DevTools is a set of tools for inspecting and editing web code. Our team works closely with the community and is always happy to welcome new contributors.
Help us maintain an inclusive environment by following our code of conduct.
How to Contribute
Code & Design
- Our UX repository has issues that need design ideas and critique.
- Join our chat rooms to hang out and ask questions.
- On Twitter, we often ask for feedback on new designs and prototypes.
- Use Bugzilla to file bugs and enhancement requests.
- Help us foxfood new features by using pre-release builds:
- We love to see blog posts, talks, and demos about DevTools! Message us on chat for help.
- Improve our contributor docs by creating a pull request or edit our user docs on MDN.
- Answer questions others have on various channels.
- Mozilla Hacks blog
- Twitter: @FirefoxDevTools
- YouTube: Mozilla Developer
- Discourse forum
- Mailing list
DevTools is divided into modules which are managed by team members with expertise in that part of the project.
- about:debugging: jdescottes, ochameau, ladybenko, daisuke
- Accessibility Inspector: yzen
- Animation Inspector: gl, daisuke
- Application Panel: ladybenko, jdescottes
- Console: nchevobbe
- Debugger: bomsy, nchevobbe
- DOM: honza
- Font Editor: rcaliman, gl
- Framework: Browser integration, toolbox, and test infrastructure: ochameau, honza, jdescottes, nchevobbe
- Inspector: gl, jdescottes, rcaliman, mtigley, bwerth
- JSON Viewer: honza
- Memory: gregtatum
- Network Monitor: honza, bomsy
- Performance: gregtatum, julienw
- Remote protocol and server infrastructure: ochameau, jdescottes, nchevobbe
- Responsive Design Mode: gl, bwerth, mtigley
- Style Editor: gl
- Storage Inspector: ladybenko
- CSS & Themes: ladybenko
- UX: victoria