Last week was nothing short or epic.
- We made tons of progress on function search, text search, and editor preview
- We squashed mountains of UI and perf bugs
- We added great features to the scopes pane
- We focused on integration testing and general QA.
There’s no way we could have gotten this done without the help of many people: @rrandom, @arthur801031, @bomsy, @wldcordeiro, @jryans, @irfanhudda, @soapdog, @amitzur, @juliandescottes, @Garbee, @zystvan, @najamkhn, @jcreighton, @jbhoosreddy, @tromey, @ryanjduffy, @sole, @lasfin!
We fixed UI bugs ranging from themes, to accessibility, to RTL. It was an unbelievable team effort.
- Fix tab close button positioning - @wldcordeiro
- Issue 1946: adding Conditional Breakpoint guillemet - @soapdog
- Restore tooltips for debug buttons - @irfanhudda
- Expand source directories on click - @wldcordeiro
- Make the command bar sticky. - @Garbee
- Align Text Vertically in Watch Expressions Panel Section - @zystvan
- fix frame location color change on hover - @jcreighton
- use scrollIntoView to improve result scrolling (#2106) - @jbhoosreddy
- Refactor Searching UI into smaller components and clean up function search UI - @wldcordeiro
- Add close button to conditional breakpoint panel - @ryanjduffy
- Style the searchbar height so the result list doesn’t go on forever - @wldcordeiro
- Fix icons dark theme - @jcreighton
- add chrome scrolling polyfill - @jasonLaster
- (Accessibility) select frame on enter - @lasfin
- Polish ui catchall - @jasonLaster
- refactor why-paused component to use a react class and props - @jasonLaster
Thanks @juliandescottes, @bomsy, @irfanhudda for coming in and fixing some pretty embarrassing bugs!
- Fix source navigation, when switching from vertical to horizontal layout - @juliandescottes
- Fix watch expression editing - @bomsy
- Address perf issues with source maps - @jasonLaster
- Fix sources highlight - @irfanhudda
- Speed up opening the editor - @jasonLaster
cmd+f is a surprisingly challenging feature that we’ve been working on since September.
This week, we nailed down some of the most complicated behavior around iterating through results, especially when cursor state changes.
- Improve text search result count - @rrandom
- EditorSearch index fix - @jasonLaster
- Fix search selection - @jasonLaster
- Add a search bottom bar and move the search modifiers to the bottom bar. - @wldcordeiro
- Fix whole word search modifier clearing search and count showing as NaN - @wldcordeiro
- Fix modifier buttons in chrome - @wldcordeiro
- Don’t run text search when function search is enabled. - @wldcordeiro
Function Search was a stretch goal for our release going into the week. Thanks to babel.js having a fantastic API and the heroic effort of @clarkbw and @wldcordeiro on the UI we’ll be able to launch a really beautiful feature.
- use a unique id to show multiple matches in function search - @clarkbw
- implement the function search compact design - @clarkbw
- Update parser - @jasonLaster
- Move the function search into the editor search bar 2 - @wldcordeiro
- Disable the search modifiers when function search is enabled. - @wldcordeiro
- Fix search results height in chrome. - @wldcordeiro
- Polish search toggle UX - @wldcordeiro
- Add summary messages for the function searching - @wldcordeiro
The scopes component is one of the most used features of a Debugger and also introduces some of the most complexity.
This week we looked at showing promises, large arrays, sparse arrays.
@Bomsy also tackled keeping variables expanded as the debugger steps through the code. This was a difficulty
- Persist scopes as you step - @bomsy
- Add buckets for objects and keys - @jasonLaster
- Show promises special properties (status, reason) - @arthur801031
- Show falsey return values - @tromey
Editor Preview is the one new must have feature of the release. We were blocked on adding the feature, while we waited for parser support. This week we built a fantastic V1, which supports hovering on local variables and a really nice custom preview for functions and objects. In the case of functions, we also provide a link to the function definition.
- Editor popover - @amitzur
- Add Popup Preview (V1) - @jasonLaster
- Preview objects, functions, and reps - @jasonLaster
- Show editor preview on hover - @bomsy
- Add flow to Scopes.js, WhyPaused.js, SourcesTree.js,… - @arthur801031
- fix the invalid source texts in the failing tests - @bomsy
- add yarn run links script - @clarkbw
- Add flow to Autocomplete.js, Close.js, PaneToggle.js,… - @arthur801031
- update lint script to better capture directory layout - @clarkbw
- Document Firefox WebSocket workflow - @jryans
- Replace custom utilities with lodash utils where possible - @clarkbw
- Fix the nom command to remove yarn.lock file - @najamkhn
- cleanup l10n accesskey properties - @jasonLaster
- Remove required status from prop in searchbar and fix flow issues. - @wldcordeiro
- add Tests for Return values - @jasonLaster
- Additional integration tests - @jasonLaster
- fix failing tests - @jasonLaster
- Add Expressions test - @bomsy
- fix console link test - @jasonLaster
- (WIP) integration test docs - @jasonLaster
- clean up testing docs - @jasonLaster
- Add some maintainer docs - @jasonLaster